Contact Interstate Accident Houston Car Wreck Lawyer RJ Alexander Law PLLCto help you receive the compensation you deserve! Free Initial Consultation Call (832) 458-1756.
Houston has over 20 major state interstates and numerous small interstates and roads that are traveled by local and out-of-towners alike. Unfortunately, the current high speeds on the interstate along with driver error commonly result in too many accidents. These crashes can be more serious than accidents on other roads. They are also more likely to be multi-car pileups involving many drivers. At RJ Alexander Law PLLC, we realize how terrifying it can be to experience one of these accidents or to suffer the unimaginable loss of a loved one because of such a crash. We are passionate about helping victims and their families recover compensation for the harm they have suffered. If you or a loved on was injured in an interstate accident, you have certain legal rights. Allow a lawyer from our firm to explain those rights and take action on your behalf. Interstate accident Houston car wreck lawyer RJ Alexander Law PLLC handles cases throughout Houston and Texas, including those involving large truck, passenger buses, multi-car pileups, and out-of-state drivers.
A Closer Look at Houston Interstates – Interstate Accident Houston Car Wreck Lawyer
There are several major interstates located within the Houston area of which is known by multiple names. The interstates include:
I-10 (Baytown-East Freeway) & (Katy Freeway)
I-45 (Gulf Freeway) & (North Freeway)
I-610 (610 Loop)
I-69 (Eastex Freeway)
US 59 (Southwest Freeway)
Sam Houston Tollway
Fort Bend Toll Road
Hardy Toll Road
US 90 (Crosby Freeway)
US 290 (Northwest Freeway)
These interstates connect drivers who are traveling within Houston and those who are traveling through the city to neighboring cities and states. These interstates are well-traveled roadways, especially where Interstate 610 and Interstate 10 intersect and converge with many ramps and extensive traffic congestion. Unfortunately, the high speeds, extensive traffic and presence of out-of-state drivers who may not be familiar with the interstates all combine to create situations in which many accidents occur.
Top Causes of Interstate Accidents – Interstate Accident Houston Car Wreck Lawyer
Some of the factors that increase the accident risk include:
- Speeding drivers – According to the AA Foundation’s 2012 Traffic Safety Culture Index, 49.3 percent of drivers throughout the U.S. admitted to driving 15 mph over the freeway speed limit in the prior month.
- Distracted drivers – According to Distraction.gov, a driver who sends a text message looks away from the road for 4.6 seconds. If the driver is on an interstate traveling at 65 miles per hour or faster, the driver would travel more than the length of a football field while looking at his or her phone.
- Drowsy drivers – Interstate driving can be monotonous and drivers can start to zone out when they are tired, especially if they are using cruise control and not actively stopping and going at traffic lights.
- Aggressive drivers – Drivers on interstates may be eager to get where they are going and can engage in dangerous behaviors , such as passing on the inside or weaving in and out of cars.
- Tailgating drivers – When a driver gets too close to the vehicle in front, the high speeds on interstates can make it very difficult for the driver to stop. This can cause a rear-end accident, which can have a chain reaction effect.
These are just some of the many types of driver behavior that can occur on interstates and lead to accidents. While these types of driver behavior can happen anywhere, when they occur on expressways, the risks are exacerbated by both speed and congestion.
Interstate Accident Dangers – Interstate Accident Houston Car Wreck Lawyer
Regardless of its cause, an interstate accident generally has very serious consequences. Some of the risks that drivers on interstates face include:
- Multi-car pileups – Often, drivers are unable to stop their vehicles or swerve out of the way when they come upon an accident on interstate because of the high speeds and traffic congestion. This can increase the chances of a multi-vehicle accident occurring.
- Truck accidents – Large truck rountinely travel on interstates as they cross the Houston area. Large trucks are often involved in very serious accidents due to their size. Truck may also cause different types of accidents than cars, including underride accidents and jackknife accidents.
- Bus accidents – Many tour buses travel through Houston. When these buses are involved in an accident, passenger on the bus and other driver can be hurt.
- High speed crashes – Cars traveling at high speeds will collide with more force than cars traveling at lower speeds. This means that a driver who is in an interstate accident is far more likely to be seriously injured or killed.
Taking Legal Action After an Interstate Accident – Interstate Accident Houston Car Wreck Lawyer
The victims or surviving family members of those killed in an interstate accident can seek compensation for medical costs, lost income/wages, pain and suffering, emotioonal distress and/or wrongful death compensation. But these cases can be confusing. It may be hard to determine who is to blame when multiple vehicles and multiples potential defendants are involved. Another problem may arise if the drivers involved in the accident are from another state. Even if you or the driver who hit you was from out-of-state, the accident litigation will generall need to take place in the jurisdiction of the Texas court where the accident occurred. You should not have to worry about understanding the law when you are coping with serious injuries or with the death of a loved one. Instead, put your cases in the hands of an experienced Houston car wreck lawyer at RJ Alexander Law PLLC. Call us at 832.458.1756 or take a moment to submit the online contact form to schedule a free consultation about your case.